Africa Centre for Youth Sports and Development “ACYSD” is a non-governmental organisation registered in Nigeria with CAC/IT/NO 94288, Youth Sports Movement “YSM” and Youth Enterprise Movement “YEM” are sub units of the ACYSD.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This policy is effective as of 10 February 2019.
Third Party websites
How our website works
The data we collect about you
There are a number of areas on our website where you may provide personal data to us, including when you:
- Register to join the movement
- Register to participate in any of our programmes
- Make a donation
- Register to be involved in our campaigns
- Submit an email enquiry
- Apply for an open vacancy or volunteer opportunity
The information we collect will depend on the nature of your action but may include your full name, email address, gender, age, telephone number and country. Where you make a donation through our website, we do not collect your financial information but direct you to a payment provider to process your donation who then forward it us.
How and why will we use your personal information?
ACYSD will use your personal information for purposes specified in this Policy. In particular, including:
- To provide you with information or support.
- To contact you about a submission you have made to the website, including any content you provide.
- To personalise the way all ACYSD related content is presented to you.
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
- To analyse and improve the services offered on ACYSD website e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience, and to administer our website.
- To occasionally carry out market research.
- To send you details of ACYSD’s work, activities, campaigns, products, services, special offers and rewards that we think will be of interest to you. It’s up to you to decide whether or not you want to receive this information.
- To process donations.
- To communicate with you in general and to manage relationships with our supporters and stakeholders.
- To audit and administer our accounts.
- To satisfy legal and regulatory obligations, and for the prevention of fraud or misuse of services.
- For the establishment, defence and/ or enforcement of legal claims.
- Where ACYSD proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
When and how will we contact you?
ACYSD may contact you for a number of different purposes using the contact details you have provided. The basis on which we do so differs depending on the purpose of the communication, and specifically whether it is a marketing communication or not.
- When will we send you marketing communications?
We may use your contact details to provide you with information about our work and campaigns which we consider may be of interest to you. Where we do so by email we will obtain your consent to do so and you can always opt-out at any time.
Generally, we send the following types of marketing communications:
- Updates about our work or the work of partner organisations and projects that we are part of.
- Campaigns and fundraising appeals.
- Information about events. Note that if you sign up to an event we will then send you administrative communications about the event. On occasion we may also send you a reminder about the same event in future years in case you want to participate in it again.
- We may also send you surveys about ACYSD’s activities (participation is always voluntary).
You control how we use your personal information for these purposes, and can update your preferences at any time – please contact us at email@example.com at any time if you would like to do so.
If you opt out of these communications we may retain some appropriate information to enable us to comply with the request not to be contacted in the future.
We will generally treat any marketing consent you give us as lasting for 5 years, as it is possible that our supporters may get involved with different campaigns at different points over this period of time.
We never sell or share your information with entities outside our organisation for their marketing purposes.
- Administrative and other communications
We will communicate with you using the contact details you have provided for essential administrative and other non-marketing purposes, such as to respond to queries, administer a donation or provide you with services or information you have requested, or contact you about an event you are attending, or for research purposes.
Note that we may still need to communicate with you for these purposes even where you have opted-out of receiving marketing communications from us.
Will we share your personal information with anyone else?
Those third parties may include:
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we have with them – for example for IT services such as website hosting.
- Insurers and professional service providers such as accountants and lawyers.
- Financial companies that collect or process donations on our behalf, and external fundraising platforms.
- Regulatory authorities, such as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
International transfers of data
In some cases, we may transfer your personal data to recipients and third-party service providers who are located outside your jurisdiction and this also includes Nigeria.
If you are in the European Union, and your personal data is transferred to a third-party service provider outside the European Economic Area (EEA), this will occur under a safeguard mechanism recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for your personal data. Transfers to any of our recipients will occur under the EC’s model data protection clauses. Transfers of your data to other third parties outside the EEA, or to third parties outside any other jurisdiction in which you are located, will occur in accordance with local data protection laws.
Your data and social media
When using our site, you will have the ability to link through to certain social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Depending on your settings, and the privacy policies of these social media services, we may receive or match your personal data with these sites to show ACYSD’s content while these services are being used. To change your settings on these services, please refer to their privacy notices, which will tell you how to do this.
How do we protect your data?
We take appropriate and proportionate measures to keep your personal information secure and to prevent the loss, destruction or misuse of it. For example, information is stored on a secure server and can only be accessed by authorised personnel.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff, volunteers and contractors.
If we use external companies to collect or process personal data on our behalf, we put a contract in place that sets out our expectations and requirements in relation to security of the data they access or process.
Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure, and although we do our best to protect it, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted over the internet
Children aged 16 or under
Note: If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information. Due to the nature of our work many of the participants in our programmes are children below the age of 16. Where their information is collected and shared with us, we will always have in place appropriate safeguards and any necessary consent where possible and appropriate (for example recruiting volunteers), we will seek consent from a parent or guardian before engaging anyone under 16.
How long will ACYSD keep your personal information?
We will hold the personal information you provide to us through our website only for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, and in accordance with any consents provided. We will delete personal data at the end of this period unless we wish to use it for statistical purposes, in which case we will anonymise it, such that you could never be re-identified with it.
You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please make a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide this information to you without charge, unless requests are manifestly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, in which case we are entitled to charge an administration fee.
You also have a right to have inaccurate information we hold about you rectified or removed and a right, in some circumstances, to restrict or object to us processing your information, or to seek erasure of your data. If you believe we are not respecting your rights, you are entitled to make a complaint to a relevant supervisory authority.
The legal basis on which we hold and use your data will vary depending on the activity involved. In some cases, we might hold the data because it is needed to fulfil a contract or meet our legal obligations (i.e. a donation), in others because it is in ACYSD’s legitimate interest to do so, and in others, because you have consented to this use. We note that the legal basis on which we process your data will influence your specific rights.
Google Analytics notice
We use Google Analytics’ 3rd-party audience data such as age, gender and interests to better understand the behaviour of our users and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our use of your personal information please let us know by contacting us in one of the following ways:
By email: email@example.com
By phone: +2347032428208; +2347055909289
Address: Suite 008, 3rd Floor, Transpharm Plaza, Utako, Abuja, Nigeria
This policy is effective as of 10 February 2019.